Bari, a city that enchants with its unique mix of tradition and modernity. If you are planning to explore Puglia’s capital city and its picturesque surroundings, peer-to-peer car sharing offers a flexible and convenient solution for your commute. Among the various options available, peer-to-peer car sharing emerges as an ideal choice over traditional car rental in Bari. But what is peer-to-peer car sharing and why is it so convenient?
Peer-to-peer car sharing takes the form of sharing a private vehicle with people who need it for a minimum period of one hour to a maximum of 30 consecutive days. This mode is done through a website or an app; in Italy there is Auting, and it is active in the country since 2017. Discover more information about how it works e how to register your car on Auting. It will help you to know that Auting has developed in cooperation with Reale Mutua comprehensive insurance to protect your car and passenger. One glance is enough to see that this service has many positives. First of all, it is cheaper than car rental in Bari, in fact the car owners themselves make the prices. It also differs for the better from the more commonly used “free floating” car sharing-in fact, the peer-to-peer one is present everywhere in Italy and is not confined to specific areas of the city. This means that you can find car sharing cars in downtown Bari but also in the suburbs or in Brindisi or Lecce. Added to this, peer-to-peer car sharing is not limited to hourly sharing but you can use the car for up to 30 days.
In this article, we will guide you step by step on how to use peer-to-peer car sharing, providing practical tips to make your trip to Bari an unforgettable experience.
Bari, a city that combines historical charm and modern dynamism, is an ideal destination for those wishing to explore Puglia. With Auting’s peer-to-peer car sharing service, visiting Bari becomes a convenient and flexible experience. Here are the best areas to carpool with Auting.
1. Bari Vecchia: The historic heart of Bari is a maze of cobblestone streets, full of life and culture. Although driving here can be complex because of the narrow streets, taking a car sharing car just outside Bari Vecchia is ideal for then exploring this charming area on foot.
2. Murat: The Murat district, known for its shopping streets and nightlife, is a convenient area to reserve a car. It is close to the train station, so instead of taking a classic car rental in Bari central station you can open the peer-to-peer car sharing app and see the available cars around you.
3. San Pasquale and Liberty: These residential neighborhoods offer numerous car-sharing options. These are quiet areas with good connections to the center, ideal for those who want to explore Bari without the hustle and bustle of the city center.
4. Poggiofranco and Carrassi: Located south of downtown, these residential areas are well served by Auting. It is easier to find parking here than downtown, and they still remain well connected to major attractions.
5. Japigia and Madonnella: Close to the waterfront, these areas offer easy access to Bari’s urban beaches. Although they are not easy to reach by public transportation with Auting, you can easily take a car and enjoy a day of sun and sea.
6. Airport and Fiera del Levante: For those arriving by plane, there is nothing more convenient than car sharing at Bari airport. This mode allows you not to waste time and find your vehicle upon arrival without going to the counter of a rental agency at Bari airport. As long as you have booked on Auting in advance! You may not know this but Palese-Macchie is very convenient for getting to the Bari fairgrounds, these areas are very convenient for finding different car sharing options.
In conclusion, Bari offers several convenient areas to take a car sharing car. This not only makes the trip smoother but also allows you to experience the city like a local and have contact with locals.
Bari, an enchanting city in the heart of the Mediterranean, is a destination that offers a unique mix of history, culture and natural beauty. Here are what to do during a visit to Bari to fully experience the essence of this magnificent Apulian city.
1. Explore Bari Vecchia: Begin your adventure in the oldest part of the city. Bari Vecchia, with its narrow, labyrinthine streets, is the historical and cultural heart of Bari. Here you can see the Cathedral of St. Sabinus and the famous Basilica of St. Nicholas, an important place of worship that attracts pilgrims from all over the world.
2. Stroll along the Nazario Sauro Promenade: Don’t miss a walk along Bari’s beautiful waterfront. With a breathtaking view of the Adriatic Sea, it is the perfect place for a relaxing walk, especially at sunset.
3. Visit the Swabian Castle: This imposing castle, built by Emperor Frederick II, is one of the main symbols of the city. Today it hosts exhibitions and cultural events, and is a must for history buffs.
4. Savor the Local Cuisine: Puglia is famous for its delicious cuisine. Be sure to try local specialties such as orecchiette, Altamura bread, and the famous panzerotti. A visit to the Old Gate fish market will give you an authentic insight into local life.
5. Discover Street Art in the St. Paul Neighborhood: This neighborhood has become a veritable open-air museum thanks to the many murals created by international artists. A walk here is a different way to discover the city.
6. Excursion to the Old Town of Bitonto: A few kilometers from Bari, Bitonto is famous for its well-preserved old town and magnificent Romanesque cathedral. It is a perfect destination for a day trip.
7. Relax on Pane e Pomodoro Beach: This beach, located a short distance from the city center, is the perfect place to enjoy the sun and sea of Puglia.
8. Visit the Trulli of Alberobello: Although it requires some travel, a visit to Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a must. Its trulli, traditional houses with conical roofs, are unique in the world.
9. Explore the Petruzzelli Theater: The Petruzzelli Theater is one of the most important theaters in Italy. If possible, attend a performance or join a guided tour to admire its beautiful interior.
10. Enjoy the Nightlife: Bari offers a vibrant nightlife, with many bars and clubs where you can listen to live music and enjoy a drink. The waterfront area and the Murat neighborhood are especially popular for a night out.
In conclusion, Bari is a city that surprises with its cultural richness and the beauty of its landscapes. Whether you are a history buff, a lover of good food, or simply looking for some relaxation by the sea, Bari has much to offer all its visitors.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects individuals looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.