Welcome to Bologna, a vibrant city rich in history in the heart of Emilia-Romagna. Known for its extraordinary cuisine, medieval towers and long porticoes, Bologna offers a unique experience to its visitors. For those who wish to explore it with comfort and flexibility or to be based in this city to explore its surroundings, peer-to-peer car sharing is a perfect solution. This mode, already commonly used abroad is catching on in this very city. How exactly does it work?
Peer-to-peer Car sharing in concrete terms is the sharing by a private citizen of his or her own vehicle with other private citizens, the exchange is done through an app or a dedicated site and allows the owner to earn money for each completed reservation. Il Italy there is a company that provides this service, it is called Auting and it is own originally from Bologna. Find out here all the information about the service or if you own a car you can try to register your car to test it out. If, on the other hand, you are interested in booking a car for your commute, know that the prices are much cheaper than car rental in Bologna and that the service has no geographical restrictions. This means that you can find a car in the center of Bologna or in the suburbs but also in other Italian cities for example in Rimini or in Perugia.
Whether you are here to enjoy the culinary delights, admire the historic architecture or soak up the university atmosphere, Auting is the car sharing app in Bologna that makes your trip easier by reusing the resources already in the area.
Bologna, with its rich cultural heritage and vibrant university atmosphere, is a city that invites exploration. Peer-to-peer Car sharing with Auting offers a convenient and flexible way the city and its surroundings. Here are the best areas in Bologna to take a car sharing car and fully enjoy the city.
Centro Storico: The beating heart of Bologna is the historic center, a maze of medieval streets, historic squares and monuments. You’ll find several car sharing options through Auting, watch out for limited traffic zones!
University Area: This area, famous for housing the oldest university in the Western world, is full of life and activities. Those who do not have a car and reside downtown can use Auting’s Owner cars when they need them.
Bolognina neighborhood: Close to the train station, the Bolognina neighborhood offers numerous has been redeveloped in recent years. Here you can find residents’ vehicles.
Central Station: car sharing in Bologna’s central station can really help you reach isolated destinations when you’ve taken high-speed or regional lines.
Fiera di Bologna and San Donato: These areas, a bit more out of the center, are convenient for those trying to avoid the traffic of the city center. With Auting, you can easily find a car to move to the heart of Bologna or for further exploration.
Savena and San Vitale: Located east of downtown, these areas offer easy access to many car-sharing cars. They are ideal for those who wish to explore both the city and surrounding areas, such as the beautiful Emilian countryside.
Zaragoza Neighborhood: This area, stretching from downtown toward the hills, offers a combination of tranquility and convenience. With Auting, you can easily find a car for a trip to the Sanctuary of St. Luke or to enjoy a panoramic view of the city.
In conclusion, Bologna offers several practical areas to take a car sharing with Auting. This travel mode not only makes your commute smoother, but also allows you to experience the city like a real local, discovering hidden corners and having unique experiences. With Auting, exploring Bologna becomes a personalized adventure full of discoveries.
Bologna, known as the “Dotta,” the “Grassa,” and the “Rossa” for its prestigious university, its rich culinary tradition, and its red roofs and bricks, is a city that offers a unique experience to its visitors. Here is what to do when visiting this fascinating city in Emilia.
1. Stroll under the Porticoes: Bologna is famous for its long porticoes. A walk under these elegant arches is a perfect way to explore the city while protecting yourself from the sun or rain.
2. Climb the Towers of Bologna: The Two Towers, Garisenda and Asinelli, are the symbols of the city. For a breathtaking view, climb the 498 steps of the Asinelli Tower.
3. Explore Piazza Maggiore and Piazza del Nettuno: These two squares are the heart of Bologna. Here you can admire historic buildings such as Palazzo d’Accursio, the Basilica of San Petronio and the splendid Neptune Fountain.
4. Visit the Seven Churches of St. Stephen: A complex of religious buildings that offers a journey through different architectural styles, from early Christian origins to the Renaissance.
5. Discover the University of Bologna: Founded in 1088, it is the oldest university in the Western world. The Palazzo dell’Archiginnasio, once the seat of the university, now houses one of the most beautiful historical libraries.
6. Enjoying Bolognese Cuisine: Bologna is a food lover’s paradise. One cannot leave the city without trying tortellini, ragù alla Bolognese, tagliatelle and the famous mortadella.
7. Visit the Quadrilateral: This historic market area offers a unique experience for the senses with its traditional food stores, taverns and cafes.
8. Stroll in the Margherita Garden: The largest public park in Bologna, it is the perfect place for a relaxing break from the city.
9. Explore the Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna: Here you can admire works by leading Emilian artists between the 13th and 17th centuries.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects individuals looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.