Located in the region of Lombardy, Brescia is a city rich in history and culture, surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes and still surprising Italian and international tourists with its lofty beauty. For residents or visitors seeking a flexible and personalized travel experience, peer-to-peer car sharing proves to be an excellent option.
Peer-to-peer car sharing is a commonly used model for both regular and on-time travel abroad. In the United States, Canada, but also in neighboring France, this model is very much in vogue. Since 2017, this service has also been a reality in Italy and is winning over more and more people. Many people in and around Brescia have registered their vehicle on the Auting car sharing platform and app, with the aim of making it available for sharing under compensation. Find out how it works in detail and start sharing too. In fact, you will find that there are many people looking for vehicles available for their weekend trips or vacations. There are several reasons for this, first, Auting automatically offers kasko insurance to protect car sharing and its passengers. Second,prices are cheaper over the year than car rental in Brescia, because the price is set by the vehicle owner himself. Finally, cars are available everywhere and not in specific, limited areas. Simply geo-locate on the app to find vehicles in your vicinity. You will find cars whether you are in central or suburban Brescia or whether you are in Monza or Bergamo. In this guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to take advantage of this mode in Brescia.
Whether you are interested in visiting historical sites, exploring the natural beauty of Lake Iseo, or immersing yourself in the region’s wine and food traditions, Auting offers a practical and tailored solution for your trip.
Here are the most convenient areas in Brescia to take a car sharing with Auting.
Near Brescia Train Station: For those arriving by train, car sharing at Brescia train station is no small convenience. With private car sharing you can travel to even the most remote places, sharing can last up to 30 consecutive days.
Historic Center of Brescia: Although navigating the historic center can be challenging because of the narrow streets, it is full of charm and history. If you stay here temporarily, you can travel outside the city to visit the region’s natural attractions.
San Polo District: This residential area, located south of the city center, offers several car-sharing options and is close to the A4 highway, very convenient for crossing the Po Valley to Venice. It is a good starting point for those trying to avoid downtown traffic.
Brescia city centre: For visitors to the fair, staying overnight in this area is very useful. This offers availability of car-sharing vehicles and also easy access to all major thoroughfares in the city.
Brescia Due: This modern and dynamic neighborhood, located in the northern part of the city, is another practical area to take a car especially to get quickly to university areas or shopping centers.
Civil Hospital area: Car sharing between private individuals allows you to find the car nearby and keep it for several days. For those who need to move around the vicinity of Spedali Civili di Brescia, car sharing may prove to be the most appropriate formula.
Neighborhoods north of the city: For those who want to explore the quieter areas of Brescia or venture into the surrounding area can reside in the Fiumicello neighborhood.Another neighborhood north of the city is Mompiano, this neighborhood is useful because you can find car sharing cars near the University of Brescia.
Visiting Brescia and its province offers an experience rich in history, art, culture and breathtaking natural landscapes. Here’s what to do to make the most of a stay in this fascinating area of northern Italy.
1. Explore Brescia ‘s Historic Center: Stroll through the streets of the historic center, where you will find important monuments such as the Duomo Vecchio, the Duomo Nuovo, and the Piazza della Loggia, a perfect example of Renaissance architecture.
2. Visit the Santa Giulia Museum: Located in a former monastery, this UNESCO museum houses artifacts ranging from prehistoric times to the Renaissance.
3. Admire the Capitolium and Roman Theater: The Capitolium, a well-preserved Roman temple, is one of the city’s main archaeological sites, flanked by the ruins of the Roman Theater.
4. Climb the Rocca di Manerba del Garda: For a spectacular view of Lake Garda, a visit to the Rocca di Manerba is a must. It is an ideal place for lovers of nature and outdoor walks.
5. Tasting the Wines of Francia corta: Franciacorta, famous for its sparkling wines, offers numerous wineries where you can taste wines and learn about production methods.
6. Visit Brescia Castle: This imposing medieval castle, located on a hill overlooking the city, houses museums and offers panoramic views of Brescia.
7. Discover the Rock Carvings of the Camonica Valley: This valley is known for its prehistoric rock carvings, another UNESCO site, which tell stories of ancient civilizations.
8. Trip to Lake Iseo and Monte Isola: Lake Iseo, with its charming Monte Isola, the largest lake-island in Europe, offers idyllic scenery and tranquility.
9. Savoring Local Cuisine: Brescian cuisine offers delicious dishes such as casoncelli, polenta, and Garda’s extra virgin olive oil. A stop at one of the many local eateries is a must.
10. Walk to Sirmione on Lake Garda: This spa town, located on a narrow peninsula of Lake Garda, is famous for its Roman ruins, medieval castle, and thermal waters.
11. Excursion to Sabbioneta and Mantua: These two cities, both UNESCO sites, offer a dive into history and art, with Renaissance palaces and frescoes by artists such as Giulio Romano.
12. Visit Salò and Gardone Riviera: These towns along Lake Garda are famous for their botanical gardens and history from the period of the Italian Social Republic.
In conclusion, Brescia and its province offer a fascinating mix of history, art, nature, and food and wine. Whether exploring the city’s attractions, soaking up the landscapes of Lake Garda, or discovering the hidden treasures of Franciacorta and Valle Camonica, every corner of this region has something unique to offer, making every visit a memorable experience.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects individuals looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.