Welcome to the complete guide on how to get around the province of Monza and Brianza through peer-to-peer car sharing. This area, known for its rich history, beautiful architecture and green landscapes, is a perfect destination to explore by car. For those who are looking for a practical and flexible alternative to traditional means of transportation, there is a more sustainable and cheap mode than the classic car rental in Monza or city car sharing; it is peer-to-peer car sharing.
Peer-to-peer Car sharing is well known in Europe and the United States. Since 2017 it has also existed in Italy and is experiencing increasing use. In Italy, it is the company Auting that offers this service. It offers through its website and app the possibility to register one’s own car to make it available and simultaneously search for cars available for sharing should we need them. Learn more about the how Auting works and you will find that it is a real treat. For example you will be interested to know that the maximum duration of sharing is 30 consecutive days, and sharing is really safe because Auting together with the insurance company Reale Mutua offer full insurance coverage during the entire sharing.
Peer-to-peer car sharing is really a great invention because unlike city car sharing of electric cars, it has no geographical limits. Just download Auting’s app and you will find that there are vehicles all around you, even in Bergamo, a Varese or throughout Lombardy. Below we will give you some tips on how to make the best use of car sharing in the province of Monza and Brianza and explore its beauties from its historic cities to its natural parks, from Formula 1 circuits to hidden treasures.
The province of Monza and Brianza, located in the rich region of Lombardy, offers numerous places of historical, cultural and natural interest. Because of its proximity to Milan, Monza and its province have a continuous flow of travel, in fact peer-to-peer Car sharing here is often used for travel between Monza and Brianza to the Lombard capital. Here are the best areas in Monza and Brianza to take a car sharing car through Auting.
Near Monza Station: The Monza train station is an ideal starting point for those arriving by train. Car sharing at Monza station is really useful because it makes it easy to start a city tour or leave for a multi-day trip out of town.
Old Town Monza: Although driving in the old town can be a challenge because of the narrow streets, it is a great area to take a carpool. This makes it easy to explore the city’s main attractions.
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza: For motor enthusiasts or those who reside in the vicinity of the racetrack, the area is served by car sharing and is a place often in demand precisely because it is one of the most famous racetracks in the world.
Monza Park: The area around Monza Park is perfect for those who want to combine a visit to nature with exploring the city. Several car sharing options can be found here.
University Area: For students or those visiting the university area, taking a carpool in this area can be very practical. Peer-to-peer Car sharing, due to the cheaper costs compared to car rental is very suitable for students.
Lissone and Seregno: These nearby cities, known for furniture production and design, are located north of Monza, great for setting off on a multi-day vacation to the lakes with a car sharing car, why not to Lake Como for example.
Vimercate and Brugherio: These areas, located in the eastern part of the province, offer a quiet starting point and the possibility of easy carpooling. These areas are also home to important companies that make the industriousness of the region famous throughout Italy and the world. Car sharing cars here are also a key ally for business travel.
Agrate Brianza and Concorezzo: For those interested in exploring the technology and business areas of the province, these cities are well served by Auting. Located along the A4 highway are areas where Auting is often used to carpool between Monza-Bergamo or Monza-Milan.
Desio and Cesano Maderno: Also located north of Monza, these areas are ideal for those who want to explore the northern part of Brianza.
The province of Monza and Brianza, located in the heart of Lombardy, is a destination rich in history, culture and natural beauty. Here is an itinerary on what to do and see in this fascinating area.
1. Visit Monza Park and the National Racetrack: One of the largest city parks in Europe, Monza Park is perfect for walks, picnics and outdoor activities. Also located within the park is the National Autodrome, famous for hosting the Formula 1 Grand Prix.
2. Explore the Villa Reale in Monza: This imposing neoclassical residence, surrounded by a vast park, hosts art exhibitions and cultural events. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the beautifully decorated interior.
3. Discovering the Historic Center of Monza: Strolling through the historic center of Monza means immersing yourself in an elegant atmosphere, among boutiques, cafes and important historic buildings, such as the Cathedral of Monza, which houses the Iron Crown.
4. Visit the Monza Cathedral Museum and Treasury: This museum offers an interesting display of sacred art, including historical artifacts related to the Iron Crown, a symbol of power and authority.
5. Tour of Historic Villas: The province of Monza and Brianza is known for its many historic villas, such as Villa Borromeo d’Adda and Villa Tittoni Traversi, which often host cultural events and exhibitions.
6. Hiking in Brianza: Brianza offers hilly landscapes and natural areas ideal for hiking and walking. Locations such as Lake Sartirana and the Montevecchia and Curone Valley Regional Park are perfect for nature lovers.
7. Tasting of Typical Local Products: Lombard cuisine is rich and varied. Don’t miss the opportunity to taste typical dishes such as risotto, Milanese cutlet, and, for desserts, the famous panettone.
8. Shopping in Monza: In addition to the historic center, Monza offers diverse shopping opportunities, from high-fashion stores to independent boutiques.
9. Cultural Visits in Brianza: Brianza is rich in museums and cultural spaces, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art in Lissone or MUDEC in Biassono, which offer interesting collections and temporary exhibitions.
10. Events and Festivals: The province hosts numerous cultural events and festivals throughout the year, including music festivals, art exhibitions, and local fairs.
11. Bicycle Routes: Thanks to the many bicycle routes, exploring the province of Monza and Brianza by bicycle is a great option for sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts.
12. Relaxation in Wellness Centers: Finally, for those seeking a moment of relaxation, the province offers several wellness centers and spas where you can rejuvenate after a day of sightseeing.
In conclusion, the province of Monza and Brianza offers a wide range of activities for all tastes, from history to nature, from culture to gastronomy. Every visit to this area of Lombardy is a continuous discovery, leaving unforgettable memories and a desire to return.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects individuals looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.