Pisa, this Tuscan city, world famous for its iconic Leaning Tower, offers much more than architectural wonders. For travelers who wish to explore Pisa and its surroundings with maximum freedom, car sharing in Pisa proves to be an ideal option. In the digital age, peer-to-peer car sharing stands out as a practical and flexible solution for those seeking affordable and accessible transportation.
Peer-to-peer car sharing allows private citizens to share their cars with other private citizens who need them for one or more days. Find out how to register a car or read more details about how the service works. Auting is a company that offers this service throughout Italy and with maximum security. Thanks to Reale Mutua’s insurance in partnership with Auting, sharing has kasko coverage. You will then be able to geo-locate wherever you are, such as even in Lucca and Livorno, and choose from a huge variety of cars without fearing for any damages. Likewise, the owner will be covered in case of an accident.
Forget car rental in Pisa and embrace the sharing and efficiency principles of new mobility models! Read on to find out how to turn your commutes in Pisa into an enjoyable and stress-free experience.
Using peer-to-peer car sharing service is a good choice for those who want to explore the city, its province or the whole region of Tuscany for several days. Here are the most practical areas in Pisa to use peer-to-peer car sharing:
Near Central Station: Car sharing at Pisa Centrale Station is an ideal starting point for visitors. Rail mobility is a perfect fit with this model and makes it possible to reach the most remote or isolated destinations.
Leaning Tower Area: Obviously, the area around the famous Leaning Tower is very popular. Although it can be crowded, to grab a car and set out to discover the other wonders of Pisa.
Lungarni: The Lungarni, the streets along the Arno River, offer not only picturesque views but also several car-sharing options thanks to residents. To start here is to immediately immerse yourself in the historic Pisan atmosphere.
Cisanello: This area, although a bit suburban, is viable for those looking for a car with Auting away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. It is particularly well known for the presence of Cisanello Hospital, the main hospital in the city of Pisa. Thanks to Auting you can have transportation in this area as well.
Galileo Galilei Airport: Car sharing at Galileo Galilei Airport is an indispensable tool for those landing in Pisa. This allows you to get to the city center or leave immediately for other destinations without going through the more expensive rental agencies at Pisa Airport.
St. Martin and St. Mary’s Neighborhoods: These neighborhoods, located close to downtown, offer a balance of accessibility and tranquility, with several cars available through Auting.
Porta a Lucca: These residential areas, located on the edge of the historic center, are convenient for taking a car sharing car but more importantly as the name of the area suggests are in the direction of Lucca. Ideal then from Pisa to Lucca by car sharing.
Porta a Piagge: Also located on the edge of the historic center, this is a useful area to pick up a vehicle and be in the countryside and among the villages of Pisa within minutes.
Corso Italia and Borgo Stretto: These two shopping streets are close to many tourist attractions and offer several car sharing options with Auting, ideal for those who want to combine shopping and tourism.
Pisa offers several practical areas from which to start a car sharing experience with Auting. Whether visiting famous tourist attractions or exploring the surrounding area, Auting offers a flexible and convenient way to get around Pisa and its surroundings, adapting to the needs of every traveler.
In addition to the famous cathedral complex and the leaning tower, Pisa offers a wide range of attractions and activities. Here’s what to do during a visit to Pisa.
1. Behold the Piazza dei Miracoli: Your trip to Pisa can only begin at the Piazza dei Miracoli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you can visit the magnificent Pisa Cathedral, Baptistery and Camposanto, as well as the famous Leaning Tower.
2. Climb the Leaning Tower: A visit to Pisa is not complete without climbing the steps of its leaning bell tower. The view from the top is spectacular, offering a unique overview of the square and the city.
3. Explore the Lungarno: The banks of the Arno River, known as the Lungarno, are ideal for a relaxing stroll. Here you will find historic buildings, churches and various cafes where you can stop for a drink.
4. Visit the Museo delle Sinopie: This museum houses preparatory drawings (sinopias) of the frescoes that decorated the Cemetery, offering an interesting look at medieval art techniques.
5. Discover Piazza dei Cavalieri: This historic square was the political heart of Pisa during the Middle Ages and Renaissance. Admire the Palazzo della Carovana, home of the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa.
6. Visit the Museo Nazionale di San Matteo: For art lovers, this museum is a hidden treasure, with an impressive collection of Pisan and Tuscan art, including medieval paintings, sculptures, and artifacts.
7. Stroll through Giardino Scotto: A green oasis in the heart of the city, Giardino Scotto is a public park located in a 16th-century fortress. It is the perfect place for a relaxing break.
8. Explore the Church of Santa Maria della Spina: This small church, located on the Lungarno, is a masterpiece of Pisan Gothic, famous for its intricately decorated facade.
9. Enjoy a Coffee in Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II: This lively square is a great place to take a break, observe daily life in Pisa, and enjoy a coffee or ice cream.
10. Visit the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo: Located in the Piazza dei Miracoli, the museum houses works of art from the Duomo, Baptistery and Tower, including original sculptures and sacred objects.
11. Discover the Borgo Stretto: This street, one of the oldest in Pisa, is full of stores, bars and restaurants. It is a great place to shop or enjoy local dishes.
12. Attend Cultural Events: Pisa hosts many cultural events throughout the year, such as the San Ranieri Historical Regatta and the Luminara di San Ranieri, which light up the Lungarno with thousands of candles.
In conclusion, Pisa is a city that offers much more than its famous tower. Whether you are interested in history, art, culture or simply eager to explore the beauty of Tuscany, Pisa offers a rich and varied experience that leaves a lasting impression.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects people looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.