Welcome to the era of peer-to-peer car sharing, a smart mobility solution that is changing the way residents and tourists relate to their car and the way they experience the Eternal City. What is peer-to-peer car sharing?
Peer-to-peer Car sharing refers to the sharing of cars by private owners in exchange for a profit and for the benefit of others who need them for their own travel. This pattern is now the norm in the U.S., Canada and even the rest of Europe. It is also becoming commonplace in Italy thanks to Auting, a peer-to-peer car sharing app that is very active in Rome. Auting ensures this service in total safety thanks to an insurance created in collaboration with Reale Mutua insurance company. Find out more information about how it works, you will see that the registration of one’s car is very simple as is booking it as an end customer.
The secret of the strong growth of this service lies in the prices of booking a car, which are much cheaper than car rental in Rome, especially in the high season. Another reason is its almost unlimited geographic activity; vehicles are geo-locatable on Auting’s devices and can be found in the center or suburbs in Rome, in major cities in Italy such as Milan e Florence and even in smaller ones. With an intuitive interface and simple booking process, Auting is emerging as an ideal option for tourists and residents who wish to explore the city with the freedom and independence that only a personal car can offer.
Using car sharing in Rome with Auting can be an effective and practical way to explore the city. Here is an overview of the most convenient areas to take a car in Rome.
Testaccio and Ostiense: For those who want to explore the more contemporary and artistic areas of Rome, these areas offer a good choice of vehicles with Auting. They are also close to many dining and nightlife options.
San Giovanni and Pigneto: These residential areas are a bit farther from the center, but offer a different perspective on the city and good carpool availability.
Garbatella: This historic district, with its distinctive architecture and gardens, is a great starting point for a different tour than usual, with the opportunity to see a less touristy Rome.
Fiumicino and Ciampino airports: car sharing at Fiumicino and Ciampino airports is a perfect tool for those arriving in Rome by plane. Here, too, you can find vehicles from private individuals with which to leave for your destination.
Rome, known as the “Eternal City,” is a treasure trove of history, art and culture. Here is an itinerary to make the most of a visit to this amazing city.
1. Colosseum and Roman Forum: Start your tour with the symbol of Rome, the Colosseum. This ancient amphitheater is a sight to behold, rich in history and majesty. Next door, you will find the Roman Forum, the center of ancient Roman public life.
2. Trevi Fountain: This Baroque fountain is famous all over the world. Don’t forget to toss a coin into the fountain, according to the tradition that ensures a return to Rome.
3. Spanish Steps and Spanish Steps (Scalinata di Trinità dei Monti).: This iconic square, with its famous steps, is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the Roman atmosphere.
4. Vatican City.: Visit St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, with Michelangelo’s frescoes. Also plan a walk through the Vatican Museums, where you will find one of the largest art collections in the world.
5. Pantheon: This ancient temple, with its extraordinary dome, is one of the best preserved in antiquity and a true architectural masterpiece.
6. Piazza Navona: Known for its sculptural fountains, including Bernini’s Four Rivers, Piazza Navona is a lively example of Roman Baroque art.
7. Trastevere: Explore the Trastevere neighborhood for a more authentic feel of Rome. Its cobblestone streets are filled with traditional restaurants, bars and nightlife.
8. Jewish Ghetto: This historic district is rich in history and offers unique cuisine. Don’t miss the opportunity to try some Jewish-Roman specialties.
9. Villa Borghese and Borghese Gallery: Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city with a walk in Villa Borghese Park. Inside, the Borghese Gallery houses an impressive art collection.
10. Via Appia Antica and Catacombs.: For a unique experience, take a walk along the ancient Appian Way, surrounded by historic ruins and underground catacombs.
11. Savoring Roman Cuisine: Rome is also a culinary destination. Try signature dishes such as carbonara, amatriciana, cacio e pepe, and pizza al taglio.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects individuals looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.