Welcome to the fascinating city of Turin, a center of culture and history located in the heart of Piedmont. If you are planning to discover the wonders of this regal city, peer-to-peer car sharing presents itself as an excellent choice for exploring with convenience and flexibility. Turin, known for its elegant Baroque palaces, spacious squares and world-renowned museums, has certainly not remained with its mind in the past; on the contrary, its citizens are looking straight to the future. The proof is the growing habit of car sharing. How do they do it?
They rely on Auting, the all-Italian peer-to-peer car sharing platform that has been active since 2017 throughout the country. For those unfamiliar with this service, peer-to-peer car sharing is the sharing of a car by one private citizen to another private citizen for one or more days in exchange for a fee. This service is possible thanks to companies such as Auting, which specifically has developed kasko insurance with Reale Mutua to make sharing safe. Try to register your car and test the service or find additional information here.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a vehicle for your commute, you will be interested to know that peer-to-peer car sharing offers cheaper prices than car rental in Turin, especially in the high season. Another advantage is undoubtedly the lack of limit of hours of sharing, which can be even several days and in addition the lack of geographical limits. This service is active throughout Italy and you can find it in the center or suburbs of Turin, but also in Milan or Genoa. Read on to learn how Auting can accompany you every step of the way, making your stay in Turin an unforgettable and personalized experience.
Turin, unique for its elegant architecture and rich industrial history, is a city that offers a wide range of cultural, artistic and culinary experiences. Here is an itinerary to best discover this fascinating city in northern Italy.
1. Stroll through Piazza Castello: Start your visit from the heart of Turin, Piazza Castello, surrounded by some of the city’s most important historic buildings, including Palazzo Madama and Palazzo Reale. The square is a great starting point for exploring the historic center.
2. Behold the Mole Anton elliana: An icon of Turin, the Mole Antonelliana is home to the National Cinema Museum. The building itself is an architectural masterpiece, and the panoramic view from its top is not to be missed.
3. Explore the Egyptian Museum: One of the most important museums of its kind in the world, the Egyptian Museum in Turin houses an extraordinary collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts, including mummies, sarcophagi and the famous Statuary.
4. Relax in Valentino Park: Located along the banks of the Po River, Valentino Park is the perfect place for a peaceful walk or picnic. Don’t miss the reconstruction of a medieval Piedmontese village within the park.
5. Visit the Automobile Museum: Turin is the cradle of the Italian automobile industry. The Automobile Museum tells the story of the car with a collection ranging from the earliest models to the most modern.
6. Discover the Piedmontese Cuisine: Piedmontese gastronomy is world-renowned. Enjoy local specialties such as bollito misto, tajarin, tramezzini, and, of course, the famous gianduiotti chocolates.
7. Stroll along Via Roma and Via Garibaldi: These two streets are the heart of shopping in Turin, perfect for a stroll among fashion stores, historic bookstores and traditional cafes.
8. Visit the Basilica of Superga: Located on a hilltop overlooking the city, the Basilica of Superga offers breathtaking views of Turin and the Alps. It can be reached by a historic rack-and-pinion tramway.
9. Enjoy a Turin Aperitivo: Aperitivo is an evening tradition in Turin. Stop at one of the city’s many bars to enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail accompanied by appetizers.
10. Explore the Roman Quadrilateral: This ancient neighborhood is full of narrow streets, hidden squares, artisan stores and trendy clubs, making it the perfect place for a night out.
11. Visit the Palace of Venaria: One of the Savoy residences, the Palace of Venaria is a magnificent example of Baroque architecture, with beautiful gardens and frescoed rooms.
12. Discover the Porta Palazzo Markets: Porta Palazzo is home to Europe’s largest open-air market, a lively place to find fresh produce, street food and items of all kinds.
In conclusion, Turin is a city that enchants with its elegance and liveliness. Whether you are a history buff, an art lover, a foodie or simply looking for new experiences, Turin has much to offer all visitors.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects individuals looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.