The romantic city of Verona, known worldwide as the home of Romeo and Juliet and for its rich historical heritage. Located in the Veneto region of Italy, Verona offers an enchanting mix of ancient history, culture, and art, all framed by breathtaking architecture. In this city as well as in the rest of the Veneto region, peer-to-peer car sharing has made its way as a new way of traveling due to its convenience, affordability and sustainability.
The service allows private citizens to share their cars with those who need them for one or more consecutive days. In Italy, the car sharing company of reference is Auting and has total coverage, in the city centre of Verona but also in the rest of the region, in Treviso or Padua. It will give you the opportunity to go to Padua from Verona by car sharing or to Venice or Lake Garda without limitations of travel hours or geographical areas.
Peer-to-peer car sharing is done on the website or through Auting’s app. For more information on how to register the car click here, otherwise for more general information here. In the meantime, you simply geo-locate the vehicle on the map, reserve it, and arrange the exchange. Sharing with Auting also automatically accesses the insurance company of Reale Mutua’s kasko insurance on the share, this is triggered with the start of the share and protects both the Driver and the vehicle of the owner. In this article we will give you suggestions on the best areas in Verona for car sharing and ideas for routes that will enhance both the city and its surroundings. Get ready to experience Verona in a whole new way, with the freedom and independence that only peer-to-peer car sharing can offer.
To best explore this Italian gem, car sharing with Auting proves to be an ideal option. Here are the best areas in Verona to take advantage of car sharing:
Verona Porta Nuova Station: For travelers arriving in Verona by train, the car sharing solution at the Verona station and the surrounding area is a strategic point to take a car sharing car.
Old Town: Although much of the old town is pedestrian-only, there are several car-sharing options in its vicinity that are useful for those who stay overnight in the old town and want to go on an out-of-town trip and, for example, carpool to Lake Garda.
Borgo Roma neighborhood: Located south of the city center, Borgo Roma offers several car sharing options with Auting. It is an excellent base for exploring both the city and nearby attractions.
Borgo Venezia: This area, located east of downtown, is practical for taking a car with Auting, especially for those who wish to explore the eastern parts of Verona or head to Valpolicella by car sharing.
Fairgrounds: For visitors who are in Verona for events or fairs, the Verona Fairgrounds area offers numerous car-sharing opportunities. From here, one can easily reach the city center or the highway for more distant explorations.
San Zeno: A bit quieter than the bustling downtown, the San Zeno neighborhood is a good choice for those looking for a car-sharing option near one of Verona’s most beautiful churches, the Basilica of San Zeno Maggiore.
In conclusion, Verona offers several practical areas to take advantage of car sharing with Auting, making visiting the city easier and more flexible. With Auting, you can explore historical attractions, immerse yourself in local culture, and even venture into the beautiful surroundings of Verona; you can even arrange a multi-day trip if you wish.
Verona, a city rich in history, art and culture located in the Veneto region of Italy, is world famous as the city of Romeo and Juliet. In addition to this romantic connection, Verona offers a wide range of historical and cultural attractions. Here is what to do during a visit to Verona.
1. Explore the Arena of Verona: Start your visit at the Arena, a well-preserved Roman amphitheater located in Piazza Brà. During the summer, the Arena hosts a famous opera festival, but its majestic architecture is to be admired year-round.
2. Visit Juliet’s House: A trip to Verona would not be complete without a visit to Juliet’s House, where you can see the famous balcony and statue of Juliet. It is a symbolic place for all lovers.
3. Stroll through Piazza delle Erbe: This square was once the city’s Roman forum and is now surrounded by historic buildings, cafes and markets. It is the perfect place to savor the atmosphere of the city.
4. See the Ponte Pietra: The Ponte Pietra is the oldest bridge in Verona, offering picturesque views of the Adige River and surrounding hills.
5. Explore Castelvecchio and the Museum: Castelvecchio, an imposing medieval fortress, now houses a museum with a rich collection of art, sculpture, and ancient weapons.
6. Discover the Basilica of San Zeno Maggiore: This basilica is one of the finest examples of Romanesque architecture in Italy. Inside, you can admire works of art, including Andrea Mantegna’s famous altar.
7. Visit the Lamberti Tower: As you climb the tower’s 238 steps, you will enjoy a breathtaking view of the city. The tower is located in Piazza delle Erbe, near several other historical sites.
8. Discover the Giusti Garden: One of the most beautiful Italian gardens, the Giusti Garden is a peaceful and enchanting place, perfect for a relaxing stroll.
9. Explore the Churches of Verona: Verona has a wealth of historic churches, including Verona Cathedral (Duomo) and the Church of St. Anastasia, both famous for their architecture and the artwork inside.
10. Visit the Archaeological Museum at the Roman Theater: Located at the ancient Roman Theater, this museum houses a collection of Roman artifacts, including mosaics, sculptures and tools.
11. Shop on Via Mazzini: This elegant pedestrian street is the heart of shopping in Verona, with a variety of fashion stores and boutiques.
12. Savor Local Cuisine: Veronese cuisine offers such delights as amarone (red wine), risotto and tortellini. Be sure to try local dishes at one of the city’s traditional restaurants.
In conclusion, Verona is a city that fascinates with its history, artistic heritage, and romantic atmosphere. Whether you are a history buff, an art lover or simply looking for an authentic cultural experience, Verona has a lot to offer.
“First experience on Auting, good thing it was with Giuseppina: super helpful, car comfortable and full of amenities (never underestimate the steering wheel cover!), owner super nice and helpful, price perfect.”
“Great experience. Roberto’s car was very convenient for a one day trip around the Itria valley. Roberto himself was very friendly, helpful, punctual, and made everything easy for us to take back the car at the time that best suited us.”
“Mario was very kind, communication was top! I recommend him.”
Auting connects those who need a car for a short time (Driver) with those who have a little-used car they want to make available (Owner).
You can sign up using your Facebook account or by using your e-mail. Once you have created your account and verified your identity through your cell phone number, you can make your car available. You will not be able to enter other people’s data or your account will be deleted and you will not be covered by insurance. In the case of couples or households, each person must have his or her own personal account.
Vehicles must mandatorily have all of the following requirements:
Code Own Use (short/long-term rental or leased cars are not accepted unless specifically authorized by the long-term renter) weighing less than 3.5 T, which can carry a maximum of 9 persons and less than 13 cubic meters total volume. RVs are not accepted.
Registration in Italy within 15 years including the current year;
Insurance with the mandatory coverages under the law Motor Vehicle Liability with free driving;
Review of DMV offices in good standing.
Auting connects people looking for a car (Driver) and those who make their cars available (Owner) for free and in a verified manner. How does enrollment and verification take place?
Membership in Auting is free of charge. The platform offers an enrollment option with no hidden costs, providing easy and convenient access for Drivers and Owners.
Membership on Auting is free and verified. The platform adopts verification procedures to ensure that it is a safe and reliable environment for all users, providing a worry-free experience for both Driver and Owner.
Are you a car owner? With Auting, you have the opportunity to share your car with other community members.
Contribute to more sustainable mobility and discover the benefits of being part of Auting.